According to the latest census numbers (2008), women make $0.77 to every man's dollar (1) and the average revenues of majority women-owned businesses were still only 27% of the average of majority men-owned businesses (2). My hope for Sparking Cinderalla is to foster a community of support for female entrepreneurs as well as provide a little juicy insight into who these women are in their everyday lives. After all, as Mama Gena says, "Women are the greatest untapped natural resource in the world."



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holly Sugrue: Holly Lama Productions

THE FACTS
Name:
Holly Sugrue
Job Description: Everyday I do what I love
Company Info: Holly Lama Productions http://www.hollylamaproductions.com/
Specializing in producing online video content for small businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals.

WHO ARE YOU?

1. What made you decide to start your company?
"Do what you love and you will never work another day in your life." Those words came in and out of my thoughts for so long. Starting my own business was always a dream of mine. Then after freelancing for several months, I was shooting at a Ladies Who Launch event and was so inspired by all the successful woman entrepreneurs there that I started sketching out a plan that day. It was that seminar followed by the unbelievable amount of support from my boyfriend who encouraged me every step of the way that helped me decide to start my own business.

2. Where do you see your business in 5 years?
In 5 years I see my business being successful, profitable and fulfilling.

3. Who was your inspiration?
Strong, powerful, positive people inspire me. Someone who can rise above and stay true to themself no matter what the outside influences are.

4. What turns you on?
Without a doubt: confidence.

5. What advice do you have for tomorrow’s female entrepreneurs?
The only thing that scares me more then failing is never trying. Don't be afraid to fail. One of my mantras is "It's only a mistake if you don't learn anything from it." Go out there and be the best you can be, because no one else can be you.

6. Tell us a sexy secret ;-)
I love surprises, challenging myself, trying new things and broadening my horizons. If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to New Zealand and would go on crazy adventures all over the country. For my 30th birthday I had a paintball party, and would love to have one for my 40th too.

No comments:

Post a Comment