According to the latest census numbers (2008), women make $0.77 to every man's dollar (1) and the average revenues of majority women-owned businesses were still only 27% of the average of majority men-owned businesses (2). My hope for Sparking Cinderalla is to foster a community of support for female entrepreneurs as well as provide a little juicy insight into who these women are in their everyday lives. After all, as Mama Gena says, "Women are the greatest untapped natural resource in the world."



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yvette Rose: Joulebody

THE FACTS
Name:
Yvette Rose
Job Description: Founder of Joulebody
Company info: http://www.joulebody.com/

Joulebody was founded in 2007. Located in Battery Park City, it is a completely new approach to losing weight, conquering food cravings, getting fit, gaining flexibility, and handling stress. We provide personal training services, yoga classes, and also have a nutritional food delivery service. The Joulebody signature Kickstart cleansing diet program provides well-seasoned, delicious meals made with raw vegetables, quality herbs, and other healing ingredients. The customizable food plan is uniquely formulated to boost energy while flattening your stomach and helping eliminate unhealthy food cravings.

WHO ARE YOU?
What made you decide to start your company?

I was un-athletic in high school, and at age 18 I tried to enlist in the Army but was rejected because I couldn’t do more than a few push-ups after months of training. I also had difficulties getting my weight up to the 92 lb requirement. Ten years later, I experienced the “diet wars” from the opposite perspective. I was tired, depressed, and over 40 lbs heavier than normal after the birth of my first child. I started going to the gym and working out. It was at that point that my passion was born leading to the creation of Joulebody.

Where do you see your business in 5 years?
In 5 years I see my business achieving the following goals:
1. Becoming a national movement & menu program that people use to get started on health & wellness
2. Servicing over 10,000 people national
3. Becoming an important part of the healthy America movement

Who was your inspiration?
My inspiration was not a person but rather a situation. I was pregnant & didn't know it for a while. During that time I ate and partied like crazy. I had to change my ways and it inspired me to help others.

What turns you on?
When I see people making healthier lifestyle choices because they thought of something I said or did - that turns me on. When I achieve a quicker endurance run or higher weight intensity than usual - that turns me on.

What advice do you have for tomorrow’s female entrepreneurs?
The advice I have for women entrepreneurs - you must have tough skin. Not everyone is going to like your product/service and definitely people are going to judge you, the product &/or service. Be ready, don't take it personal & sleep well.

Tell us a sexy secret ;-)
My sexy secret – a little secret that no one likes to hear - I never had a problem with weight gain but rather weight loss. I get really stressed if I go under 100lbs. and that happens quite often. If I don't watch what I eat or keep up with my weight training I start to look skinny and frail.

No comments:

Post a Comment